Facts about MVT's Fiber Internet
- There are more than 250 miles of fiber in the ground
- More than 50% of Moapa and Moapa Valley can be served with fiber internet right now
- Nearly 40% of MVT's customers have fiber internet and it's growing daily
Why is fiber better?
- Reliability: Because fiber is made of glass and runs underground, it isn't slowed down or as susceptible to severe weather or other environmental impacts.
- Speed: Fiber is the best technology for delivering speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) - that is equivalent to 1,000 Megabits per second (Mbps). Currently, with MVT Fiber, you can cruise the web at speeds up to 1,000 Mbps. Say hello to fast fiber internet and goodbye to buffering, lag, and slowdowns.
- Future-proof: As we continue to have more devices in the home and as new devices require more bandwidth, fiber is currently the only technology that will meet all the needs your devices require now and will surely need in the future.
We are working hard so everyone who also calls the valley home, can have access to the fastest internet speeds, best technology and most robust service possible.